Lycon delivers superior performance, removing stubborn hair as short as 1mm. Great for intimate waxing and sensitive facial areas this wax easily removes coarse hair with no trauma to the skin.
Depending on the area being waxed you may be asked to disrobe. A modesty towel will be provided. The area will be cleansed to remove any oils or product, a pre waxing oil is then applied to soothe the skin and prepare it for waxing. The oil creates a barrier between your skin and the wax, this means the wax never actually sticks to the skin - only the hair - making it less painful as there is no uncomfortable pulling on the skin. The wax is then applied against the hair growth and left to set for a few seconds, it is then quickly removed, thus removing the hair from the root. The lycon wax shrink wraps around the hair making it easier to remove. The process is repeated until all unwanted hair is removed. Skin is cleansed once more then a soothing lotion is applied.
Hints and Tips
- Hair must be at least 2mm for successful removal. Bikini line hair is easiest to remove at around 1cm in length.
- It is important to understand that hair has a three stage growth cycle and not all hairs will be at the same stage at the same time. It is important to let as many hairs to grow through as possible for successful hair removal.
- Ingrown Hairs - ingrown hairs are caused when the hair follicle opening is blocked by dead skin cells. The hair cannot grow through so is stuck under the skins surface, it may become infected and unsightly looking. This can be avoided by following the appropriate home care and aftercare advice (see below)
- I would advise leaving 4-6 weeks between waxing appointments
- Slight redness (or small, red dots) is a perfectly normal and temporary reaction to waxing. It should subside within 24-48hours. If you have any adverse reaction please do not hesitate to contact me.
Home care and Aftercare Advice
Please follow this advice for 24-48hours after your waxing treatment
- Do not apply perfumed products such as deodorant, body spray or body lotions to the affected area.
- Do not apply makeup to the affected area
- Do not touch the area
- Wear loose, clean clothing
- Do not have a hot shower or bath
- Do not get heat treatments such as sunbeds, sauna or steam.
- Do not go swimming or use a jacuzzi
- Ingrown Hairs - to help avoid ingrown hairs you should exfoliate your skin 2-3 times a week using a loofah or exfoliating gloves, this stops the build up of dead skin cells. Moisturise regularly to help keep your skin supple and hydrated and let the hairs grow through normally. (avoid exfoliating until 3 days after treatment)
What is the difference between the bikini waxes?
A Basic Bikini wax removed anything visible outside your bikini bottoms from the sides or top of the bikini line.
A Brazilian is everything off from underneath and round the back, leaving a landing strip at the front
A Hollywood is everything off from the front, underneath and round the back.
Do I have to take off my underwear for a Brazilian or Hollywood?
For advanced bikini waxes such as Brazilian and Hollywood, it is advisable to remove your underwear. This makes it easier for you and the therapist. If you'd rather not do this - don't worry! - disposable underwear can be provided.
What is the difference between hot wax and warm wax?
Warm wax is low temperature wax which is applied with a spatula and removed with a strip, it is great for large areas and fine hair. With Hot Wax (Lycon) a pre waxing oil is applied to stop the wax sticking to the skin making is less painful as the skin is not being pulled. The lycon wax is applied with a spatula and shrink wraps around shorter hairs making them easier to remove. No strip is used, the wax sets and is removed itself. Hot Wax is less painful and ideal for sensitive skin.